Depression, bipolar disorder and other mood disorders are the leading cause of disability worldwide for both males and females. If you or a loved one are diagnosed with a mood disorder, Rogers offers:
- Expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy in a unique group-based setting with an emphasis on behavioral activation
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation which leads to clear, individualized treatment plans
- Access to Rogers on-site specialty expertise for co-occurring treatment
Rogers’ programs aim to reduce the depressive symptoms that led you to seek treatment by teaching skills to help you make changes in your behavior and thinking, while also addressing the obstacles making it difficult to maintain recovery.
What We Treat
- Bipolar Disorder
- Other mood disorders
- Co-occurring anxiety disorders
- Co-occurring personality and substance use disorders
Your Treatment Team
Jerry L. Halverson, MD, is a board-certified adult psychiatrist widely recognized for his work with depression and mood disorders at all levels of care. Upon arrival, Dr. Halverson and his team will work with you to complete a full psychiatric evaluation including your history, previous diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
Our depression and mood disorders treatment teams also includes clinical psychologists, registered nurses, behavioral specialists, social workers and experiential therapists; all trained in Rogers proven treatment methods.
Our Treatment Approach
Rogers’ staff utilize a combination of evidence-based techniques and medication management that are proven effective. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is the basis of our treatment with an emphasis on behavioral activation. Complemented by dialectical behavior therapy informed skills, you learn to manage your day through doable goals and activities. Mindfulness strategies are also emphasized, and are integrated throughout the program schedule.
As a leader in mental illness and addiction, Rogers takes a comprehensive approach to treatment through programs at four distinct levels of care. Our depression, mood disorder and general mental health programs include:
- Residential treatment: For young adults age 18 to 30 with depression, bipolar disorder or other mood disorders. The FOCUS program is a relaxing, homelike setting located on nine acres. The program is highly structured and lasts 45 to 60 days or more.
- Partial hospitalization-CBT for Depression and Anxiety: Day treatment focusing on depression, other mood disorders and general mental health, for five to six hours, five days a week.
- Inpatient hospitalization: An acute level of care intended for stabilization of depression or general mental health needs.
An initial assessment with Rogers admissions team will help identify what level of care is best for you.
Rogers is a nationwide leader in treatment for mental illness and addiction. As one of the oldest, most comprehensive programs in the country, we provide on-site access to multiple experts including depression, OCD, anxiety, eating disorders and addiction. We have proven our approach works, with evidence-based treatment through cognitive behavioral therapy and more, we can help you find live worth living.