We know that depression, bipolar or other mood disorder may be preventing your teen from acting themselves, connecting with others or having the motivation to participate in activities with family and friends.
At Rogers, your 13- to 17-year-old teen can receive 15 hours of guidance each week through the FOCUS intensive outpatient program for adolescents. Our afternoon and early evening treatment options make it possible for your child to attend school while continuing to develop skills to manage their symptoms and create a thriving lifestyle.
Your child will receive comprehensive, individualized care based in depression and anxiety treatments, which studies have shown to be effective. Your teen will:
- use behavioral activation, a therapeutic technique to help them re-engage and end avoidance of important aspects of their lives, including their daily routines (e.g., showering), enjoyable activities, and valued activities (e.g., school, relationships with others)
- learn dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)-informed skills to improve emotion regulation and mindfulness, manage distress and interact more successfully with others
- learn cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques to manage anxiety symptoms
- participate in experiential therapy activities to discover meaningful, lasting insights to aid in continued success
Therapy is provided through a combination of one-on-one sessions with a therapist, group sessions and individual assignments. Family sessions are an important aspect of the treatment program, and your participation in your child’s treatment is key to his or her lasting wellness.
Length of stay varies, but an approximate estimate is six to eight weeks.
Days and Times:
- Monday through Friday, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. or 3 to 6 p.m. - Chicago
- Monday through Friday, 3 to 6 p.m. - Nashville - opening March 13, 2017